Albert T. Liou
PARTNER – BUSINESS LITIGATION GROUP
Corporate & Securities Litigation | Employment Counseling & Litigation | Intellectual Property Counseling & Litigation | Commercial Litigation | Professional Negligence | Real Estate Litigation
Albert T. Liou is a Partner in the firm’s Business Litigation Group and has been with the firm since its inception. With a broad spectrum of expertise, Albert handles all aspects of litigation, including trials and appeals. He has successfully represented clients in a variety of matters, including business litigation, wrongful termination, trademark/copyright claims, Proposition 65 defense and compliance, real estate disputes and professional malpractice.
- Obtained arbitration award in favor of claimants, for the ownership of the “THC” URL and trademark;
- Lead trial counsel for homeowner in a quiet title, resulting in a finding that rescinded a grant deed and that allowed the homeowner to retain ownership of her house;
- Represented a television writer/producer who was sued for bankruptcy fraud, obtaining a dismissal of all claims after trial;
- Lead trial counsel representing an internet start-up company in a securities fraud and breach of fiduciary duty case brought by minority shareholders, resulting in a successful resolution during a jury trial;
- Represented plaintiff in a medical malpractice case, resulting in a multi-million dollar jury award;
- Represented plaintiffs in a legal malpractice case, resulting in a multi-million dollar settlement just prior to trial.
Albert has volunteered as a trial lawyer at Bet Tzedek Legal Services. In addition, he has been selected for inclusion in Southern California Super Lawyers, published in Los Angeles Magazine and the New York Times (only five percent of the lawyers in the state are selected for Super Lawyers).
Outside of work, when not spending time with his family, Albert enjoys playing hoops in the Landau Lawyers League and in other local leagues. He has participated in the Legal Voices singing group and enjoyed performing in Walt Disney Concert Hall. One day, he hopes to teach his kids how to outline.
Albert earned his J.D. from Loyola Law School and his B.A. in Political Science from The Johns Hopkins University.
Albert is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in California.