Bernardo O. Ainza
ASSOCIATE – CORPORATE TRANSACTIONAL GROUP
M&A | Venture & Emerging Growth | Commercial
Bernardo O. Ainza is an associate in the firm’s Corporate Transactional Group with a practice focusing on M&A, Venture & Emerging Growth and Commercial matters. Bernardo represents high growth technology companies at all stages and venture investors in many areas, including corporate formations, angel and venture capital financings, commercial agreements, mergers and acquisitions, corporate and securities law and corporate governance matters. Bernardo has a broad range of experience that also includes private equity and renewable energy project transactions. He has also represented multiple incubator companies in various corporate matters, including formations, venture capital financings, venture debt financings and commercial agreements.
- Worked and advised on the sale of certain Twentieth Century Fox assets to the Walt Disney Company;
- Represented Fox Entertainment Group, Inc. in its Series C investment in Boom Entertainment, Inc.;
- Represented Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation in its Series C investment in Atom Tickets, LLC;
- Represented Twentieth Century Fox Telecommunications International, Inc. in its Series C investment in Chili S.p.A.;
- Represented Twentieth Century Fox Limited in the installation of the Carnaby Street Bohemian Rhapsody Pop Up Shop & Exhibition;
- Represented multiple venture capital funds and companies in Series Seed through later stage preferred stock investments.
- “Summary of the Volcker Rule,” Foley & Lardner LLP Legal News: Transactional & Securities Foley Insights and Lexology (December 17, 2013);
- “How California’s New LLC Law Will Impact Existing and New California LLCs,” which appeared in Foley & Lardner LLP Legal News: Transactional & Securities (May 5, 2014).
Prior to joining Prospera Law, Bernardo was a transactional attorney in Foley & Lardner’s Los Angeles office and a member of the Technology Companies Group in Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP’s Silicon Valley office. Following that, he joined the Fox Filmed Entertainment’s Strategy and Business Development Team at Twentieth Century Fox to assist in growing Fox’s corporate venture capital and strategic transactions business and to help execute their corporate venture capital investments in established and emerging media companies. Bernardo has also worked in banking and held roles in wealth management and private banking, institutional sales and trading, and mortgage wholesaling. Bernardo holds a real estate broker’s license with the California Department of Real Estate and is a Chartered Financial Analyst Level III candidate.
In his spare time, Bernardo enjoys playing soccer for Beach Cities United in the South Bay Peninsula Soccer League. He also enjoys running triathlons, beach volleyball and surfing, and tries to stay a positive supporter of the Cleveland Browns.
Bernardo received his J.D. from the University of Chicago Law School, his M.B.A., with Honors, from the University of Southern California, and his B.S.B.A. in Finance and International Business, magna cum laude, from The Ohio State University. He is admitted to practice in California.