David S. Lee
SENIOR ASSOCIATE – CORPORATE TRANSACTIONAL GROUP
Venture & Emerging Growth | M&A
David S. Lee is a Senior Associate with the firm’s Corporate Transactional Group with a practice focusing on M&A, Venture and Emerging Growth, Corporate Governance, and General Corporate Counsel services. David provided legal services to clients in a broad spectrum of business industries, including representation of technology-based startups, medical corporations, logistics companies, industrial manufacturing companies, cannabis manufacturers and distributors, and one of the largest poultry producers and retailers in Latin America. He represents both medium to large scale corporations for various acquisitions, both on the buy and sell side with multi-million-dollar purchase prices. He also served as general counsel for various boards of directors and provided expert witness services in the field of transactional business law. He continues to provide counsel to various industries and is currently concentrating his practice on M&A transactions, corporate governance, corporate formation/dissolution, commercial contracts, employment/independent contractor contracts, debt offerings, equity offerings, and related funding rounds for angel, private equity and venture capital investors, as well as issuing companies.
David strongly believes in the attorney-client relationship by getting to truly understand the client’s business through meaningful communication and delving into the key underpinnings of a client’s business model to provide a specifically tailored legal strategy on how best to achieve his client’s goals.
Activities & Recognitions:
- Lexis Nexus AV rated attorney for consecutive years
- Past member of the Honorable William B. Enright Inn of Court
- Past President Elect for the Riverside County Bar Barristers Association
- Senior Attorney Member of the American Bar Association – Corporate/Business Division
- Member of the Korean American Bar Association
- Master Mason in the California Blue Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons, San Diego Lodge 518
- Counsel for a physical rehabilitation company in a two-year acquisition and expansion campaign.
- Counsel for buyers in the acquisition of a nationally known autism clinic.
- Counsel for seller in the sale of its manufacturing business to one of the largest privately held companies in the United States.
- Counsel for one of the largest California supermarket chains providing acquisition services, corporate governance, real property leases, and related legal services.
- Counsel for a website-based furniture company for a multi-million dollar series raise.
- Served as a key business law expert witness for former Orange County Treasurer regarding a malpractice lawsuit against his former attorney - $10,000,000 in damages awarded in favor of the client.
Prior to joining Prospera Law, David was the founding partner of Lee, Shome & Kennedy LLP, a boutique law firm, located in La Jolla, California, where he provided corporate law services, concentrating on M&A. Outside his legal career, David enjoys spending time with his daughter, appeasing his persnickety Siberian Husky, continuing his journey in Freemasonry, practicing Aikido, and riding his classic Triumph Thruxton 900 on road trips to wherever the wind takes him.
David earned his J.D. from the University of San Diego School of Law. He earned a B.A. from the University of California San Diego, majoring in Religious Studies with an emphasis in first century Christianity, Socratics, and Mahayana Buddhism. He is admitted to practice in the state and district courts of California.