Donald S. Lee
MANAGING PARTNER – CORPORATE TRANSACTIONAL GROUP
M&A | Venture & Emerging Growth | Commercial
Donald S. Lee is a Managing Partner of the firm’s Corporate Transactional Group and has been a corporate lawyer for 20+ years. He works closely with entrepreneurs starting new businesses, advises them through all stages of growth and then supports them when they achieve their ultimate goal of a liquidity event. He represents venture capital funds when they make their investments and helps VCs navigate issues that arise in their portfolio companies, ranging from corporate governance issues, reviewing later stage financing agreements or advising investors on their rights during a portfolio company exit. Don also represents private equity investors in the acquisition, management and disposition of their portfolio companies. He has led teams on hundreds of financings, from small pre-seed convertible note deals to late-stage growth equity financings, as well as many sell-side and buy-side M&A transactions. And when things get tough, as they inevitably do, he provides a steady hand and applies his many years of experience to help resolve difficult situations and find positive outcomes.
The common theme in Don’s representation of his clients, no matter how big or small, is to provide practical, solutions-oriented advice, to be a sincere advocate for his clients’ interests and to build a trusted relationship with his clients so they know he has their backs.
Don’s clients span a number of industries, including software, e-commerce, video games, marketplaces, branded consumer products (such as food, beverage, pets and beauty), digital media, digital marketing, financial services, entertainment, e-sports, business services, adtech, healthtech, fintech and more.
A natural leader and thought provoker, clients and colleagues alike turn to Don for sound advice and guidance. Find out more about Don’s practice and his personal background in his recent podcast on The Puck: Venture Capital and Beyond, Episode 17.
- Represents multiple venture capital funds based throughout California in preferred stock investments;
- Advises multiple companies in capital raises, ranging from pre-seed convertible securities to late stage growth round financings involving significant secondary sales for founders and early investors;
Mergers & Acquisitions:
- Represented Seriously Holding Company in its sale to Playtika;
- Represented Eden Creamery dba Halo Top Creamery in its sale to Wells Enterprises;
- Represented SyncOnSet Technologies in its sale to Entertainment Partners;
- Represented Wajao, Inc., dba Retention Science in its sale to Endurance;
- Represents KCB Management in various acquisitions and dispositions;
- Represents Fernandez Holdings in various acquisitions and dispositions.
Prior to joining Prospera Law, Don was a Shareholder in the corporate department at Buchalter Nemer in Los Angeles, California.
When not working, Don enjoys travel, food and wine, art, politics, tennis, Kansas basketball and Kansas City sports teams and spending time with his family.
Don earned his J.D. from the University of Kansas School of Law where he served as Editor-in- Chief of the Kansas Journal of Law and Public Policy. Prior to attending law school, Don worked for three years on the legislative staff of U.S. Senator Bob Dole (R-Kansas) in Washington, D.C. He earned his B.A., with Honors, in Political Science from Stanford University. He is admitted to practice in California, Kansas and Missouri.