PARTNER – CORPORATE TRANSACTIONAL GROUP
Venture & Emerging Growth | M&A
Erika H. Reed is a partner in the firm’s Corporate Transactional Group with a practice focusing on Venture & Emerging Growth and M&A Erika is a true venture financing specialist with vast experience advising high growth private companies, management teams founders and investors. She has led the charge on hundreds of preferred stock financings, seed rounds, angel investments, convertible note bridge rounds, SAFE financings and restructurings, and regularly advises on board and corporate governance matters, founder and investor rights during a portfolio company exit and general corporate strategy. She has also served as outside counsel on numerous buy and sell-side M&A transactions, and advises clients on exit strategy and transaction planning. She works with companies and investors in a broad array of industries, including technology, digital marketing and media, insurtech, fintech, internet retail, business services, entertainment and sports, beauty and healthcare, food and beverage, life sciences, therapeutics, biotech, software, renewable energy and other high growth verticals.
Erika cares deeply about promoting women on boards of directors and female entrepreneurs, as well as advising companies focused on social impact. She is an active member (and the firm is a regular sponsor of), TuesdayNights (www.tuesdaynights.org), a group dedicated to connecting female founders, executives and investors with a mission to collaborate and create social impact and activism.
Erika’s highest priority is establishing a strong relationship with her clients by providing effective and efficient legal counsel tailored to a client’s specific needs, whether the client is a VC making a small follow-on investment or a later stage company undergoing a major transaction, and she believes communication is the key to an excellent attorney-client relationship. Above all, she truly enjoys the practice of law, getting to know her clients and working together to help realize each client’s vision.
Activities & Recognitions:
- Active member (and the firm is a regular sponsor of, TuesdayNights (tuesdaynights.org), a group dedicated to connecting female founders, executives and investors with a mission to collaborate and create social impact and activism;
- Legal Resource Partner with the Berkeley SkyDeck Accelerator Program;
- Previous (repeat) judge at multiple pitch contests held at the South Bay Pitch and Demo Fests hosted by Silicon Valley Entrepreneurs, one of the largest grassroots movements of founders and developers in the Bay Area;
- Organizer and Judge of the Innovation Pitch Fest hosted by the Silicon Valley Open Innovation Group, a startup pitch competition and networking event for local entrepreneurs;
- Previously named a Northern California Rising Star in Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers magazine.
- Regularly advises a prominent L.A.-based venture capital fund on numerous multi-million dollar lead and follow-on investments;
- Regularly advises various celebrities on their angel investments and other equity transactions;
- Represents organic liquor and non-alocholic product company in various strategic and international transactions;
- Represented a client in multiple late stage high value rounds of financings and its $165 million sale of the company to public company buyer;
- Represented client through multiple high value rounds of financing and its eventual initial public offering.
Prior to joining Prospera Law, Erika was a Senior Associate in the Silicon Valley offices of King & Spalding, and a corporate associate in the venture and securities practices of DLA Piper and Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati (WSGR), where she focused her venture practice on emerging growth companies and M&A. Prior to her legal practice, worked at JETRO, a San Francisco non-profit geared toward establishing new companies in Japan. She also spent several years living and working in Japan, including an internship at a Japanese law firm, and maintains conversational Japanese and a deep love for the country and its culture.
Erika is passionate about fitness, and in her spare time can often be found competing in races on the mountain trails or participating in other athletic endeavors. She is also a (now retired) IFBB pro bodybuilder whose claim to fame in the sport was winning the physique division at the Lou Ferrigno Pro Classic and meeting the legend himself!
Erika earned her J.D. from Boston University School of Law, with honors in the Intellectual Property and International Law concentrations. She received a Master of Arts in International Relations from Boston University and a B.A. (With Distinction) from the University of Michigan where she majored in Japanese and Psychology. She is admitted to practice law in California.