OF COUNSEL – CORPORATE TRANSACTIONAL GROUP
M&A | Venture & Emerging Growth | Commercial
Hanesther Kim is a Senior Associate in the firm’s Corporate Transactional Group with a practice focusing on M&A, Venture & Emerging Growth and Commercial matters. Hanesther has extensive experience in multi-jurisdictional M&A transactions advising both corporations and individuals with counterparts from different cultures and industries through every phase of the M&A process. While representing one of the world’s largest conglomerates, she advised on the negotiation, implementation and dispute resolution of cross-border acquisitions and investments spanning the e-commerce, consumer packaged goods, entertainment, automotive and energy and natural resources sectors. She also regularly advises clients on venture financings, startup formation and structuring, commercial agreements (including SaaS, retail and other operations for technology companies) and general corporate matters.
- Represented group of premiere emerging music technology, distribution and management companies in venture financing by major multinational entertainment and record label conglomerate, and follow-on operational and corporate structuring;
- Advised in the multi-million dollar merger and acquisition of U.S-based international cutting-edge frozen confectionary company and brand to large privately held, family-owned consumer packaged goods manufacturer;
- Advised on multiple cross-border joint development agreements with Global Fortune 500 companies in the power generation and automobile manufacturing industries;
- Represented a major energy company in its acquisition and operation of a substantial working interest in U.S. shale gas assets for joint exploration and production;
- Worked with one of Asia’s largest (‘K-pop’) entertainment and media groups in acquiring various entities with worldwide manufacturing, distribution and retail operations;
- Lead attorney representing major venture capital funds in Series Seed to Series C preferred stock investments in various startup technology companies, such as online financial technology service providers and consumer experience/media developers.
Prior to joining Prospera Law, Hanesther was senior in-house legal counsel at SK Group and a senior associate at Baker McKenzie. During her free time, Hanesther enjoys hiking and attending art fairs.
Hanesther received her J.D., with a concentration in corporate law, from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law and her B.A. in Rhetoric from the University of California, Berkeley. She is admitted to practice in California.