Kay Y. Suh
ASSOCIATE – CORPORATE TRANSACTIONAL GROUP
M&A | Venture & Emerging Growth | Commercial
Kay Y. Suh is an associate in the firm’s Corporate Transactional Group with a practice focusing on Venture & Emerging Growth, M&A and Commercial matters. She regularly represents and advises various enterprises in a broad range of corporate and business transactions, including M&A, joint ventures, liquidation, securities, debt and equity financing, and other corporate and business matters ranging from day-to-day business operations to the development and implementation of major transactions and agreements. Kay also advises clients on commercial disputes, employment issues and commercial lending issues.
- Regularly represents and advises emerging growth and later-stage companies, and venture and private equity investors in various areas, including general corporate transactions, corporate governance, private placement of securities, angel and venture capital financings, M&As, and growth equity investments;
- Represented companies in buy-side mergers and acquisitions of pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities and technology and software companies in the hospitality industry;
- Represented companies in sell-side mergers and acquisitions of companies in cosmetics, airline catering, technology and software and wind farm;
- Advised banks and financial institutions in commercial lending transactions and debtor/creditor issues;
- Advised companies on cross-border issues arising from international trade and commerce.
Prior to joining Prospera Law, Kay practiced in the Corporate and Labor & Employment groups at Lee Hong Degerman Kang & Waimey, where she worked closely with in-house legal departments and served as outside corporate counsel for numerous enterprises in a wide variety of industries.
Kay served as the President of the Korean American Bar Association of Southern California in 2020, and currently serves on the Board of Governors. She is also a member of the California Minority Counsel Program, Los Angeles County Bar Association, International Association of Korean Lawyers, and National Asian Pacific American Bar Association.
Kay received her J.D. from the Golden Gate University, School of Law, and her B.A. in International Studies from the University of California, Irvine. Kay is admitted to practice law in the State of California.