ASSOCIATE – CORPORATE TRANSACTIONAL GROUP
M&A | Venture & Emerging Growth | Commercial
Paul Hoest is an associate in the firm’s Corporate Transactional Group with a practice focusing on M&A, Venture & Emerging Growth and Commercial matters. Paul represents emerging growth and later-stage technology companies, and venture and private equity investors, in many areas, including corporate formations, angel and venture capital financings, mergers and acquisitions, growth equity investments, corporate and securities law and corporate governance matters. In addition to technology clients, he has represented companies in the consumer, financial, biotech, medtech and renewable energy sectors.
- Represented Pub Ocean, a digital publisher-focused technology company, in its sale to Perion;
- Advised Luminate Capital Partners in its growth equity investment in Conexiom, a cloud-based supply chain software company;
- Advised Patricia Industries, part of Investor AB, in its acquisition of Laborie, a medtech company;
- Advised LinkedIn in its acquisition of Pulse, a web and mobile newsreader;
- Represented IBM in several acquisitions of data management, security, and compliance software companies.
Prior to joining Prospera Law, Paul was a corporate associate at Cravath in New York and at Kirkland & Ellis in San Francisco. He also focused on the representation of high growth technology companies and venture investors as a transactional attorney in the Silicon Valley office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati. Paul’s previous work experience includes M&A investment banking for biotech, pharma and health care services companies and serving on several successful U.S. Senate campaign organizations.
In his spare time, Paul enjoys exploring California’s rivers and coast while kitesurfing, kayaking and scuba diving and enjoys attending live musical performances. He also volunteers with and supports local Bay Area civic organizations.
Paul received his J.D. from the University of Chicago Law School, his M.B.A. from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, and his B.A. from Grinnell College. He is admitted to practice law in California and New York.