Shane W. Tseng
PARTNER – BUSINESS LITIGATION GROUP
Corporate & Securities Litigation | Commercial Litigation | Real Estate Litigation | Class Actions
Shane W. Tseng is a Partner in the firm’s Business Litigation Group with over twenty years of experience representing companies and/or their stakeholders in disputes that cannot be easily resolved. Shane is a complex civil litigator who represents clients in consumer and shareholder class actions, founders’ disputes, commercial and contract disputes and business tort litigation. He also advises clients on ways to avoid litigation, minimize litigation risk and strategically position themselves for litigation. Shane also represents clients in investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, California Department of Justice and other government agencies.
- Defended a monoline financial guaranty company in a fraud suit by issuers of $130 million in Select Auction Variable Rate Securities;
- Defended a national bank in a suit alleging discriminatory lending practices and California Unruh Civil Rights Act violations;
- Defended former insurance company executives in a fraud suit regarding company’s financial performance and exposure;
- Prosecuted trademark claims by a concert venue against a music group regarding ownership of a popular Orange County music festival;
- Defended a former executive of a fixed asset management firm related to claims of trade secret theft and breach of fiduciary duties;
- Defended a commercial real estate group in shareholder class action arising from its acquisition of commercial properties in downtown Los Angeles;
- Defended a NASDAQ-traded Chinese online education provider in a shareholder class action for alleged fraud and breach of fiduciary duties;
- Defended a Santa Monica-based hedge fund and its principal in an arbitration brought by former investors, asserting fraud and breach of fiduciary duties;
- Prosecuted action on behalf of a Chinese-owned real estate development company that was fraudulently induced to purchase a partially-completed project;
- Represented County of Los Angeles Assessor in taxpayer appeals relating to tax assessment of commercial and private aircraft. Machavia, Inc. v. County of Los Angeles, 16 Cal. App. 5th 1050 (2017); Jetsuites, Inc. v. County of Los Angeles, 16 Cal. App. 5th 10 (2017).
Prior to joining Prospera Law, Shane was a partner at Hirschmann & Tseng LLP and Lamb & Kawakami LLP, where he focused on commercial, banking and real estate litigation. Prior to that, he spent the first ten years of his career at Arnold & Porter LLP, where he practiced anti-trust, securities and mass tort litigation.
Shane was named a California Rising Star (California Super Lawyers) (honoring lawyers age 40 and under) in Los Angeles Magazine and California Super Lawyers - Rising Stars Edition from 2005 to 2011.
Shane lives in Sherman Oaks with his wife and their daughter and son. Shane used to play golf and tennis, but now spends most of his free time traveling throughout Southern California for his kids’ basketball, baseball or debate tournaments. Shane and his wife also enjoy travel, food and wine, and debating whether UCLA or Cal’s fight song is better (hint: it’s the same).
Shane received his J.D. from University of Southern California, Gould School of Law and his B.A. in Economics and Political Science from the University of California, Los Angeles.
Shane is admitted to practice in all federal and state courts in California.